[procps] Re: backporting

  • From: Jim Warner <james.warner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 06:14:00 -0600

On Dec 17, 2011, at 4:07 PM, Craig Small wrote:
We have to separate the functions currently in libproc-ng into two
> groups:
>
> * functions we think other projects will use
> * functions we think only we will use
>
> The former go into the library, the latter go into some common.c file

Agree, but I'm uncertain of a workable procedure.  Perhaps we could each begin
"nominating" stuff for the two categories and then let Craig be the final
arbiter.

>> vmstat -p /dev/sda1
>>
>> ...does not work? IMHO the backport patches sould be either merged to
>
> works for me!

Me too.

The two side-projects I can see:
>  * Make the libary behave better, no init functions or globals for
>    starters. Reduce the number of exits and have proper return codes.
>  * NLS
> These are actually compatible because there should be a reduced number
> of common touchpoints, except around exceptions.

How soon were you thinking of releasing a 3.3.2 version?

> Anyone notice pmap works in the git repository but not 3.3.1? I'm not
> exactly sure why.

Both flavors work for me.

Regards,
Jim