[procps] Re: backporting

  • From: Craig Small <csmall-procps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 08:18:15 +1100

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 12:52:40PM +0100, Sami Kerola wrote:
> The w change is likely to be duplicate with.
> git show 63b6a8fcbfb3115db0827b8402aef641e05e2ab9
Yes, that was the one I was thinking of too. I think the "better
guessing" is solved.  It was a long and tedious path to get to the patch
Herbert produced and I think we can say the "better guessing" is, well,
better.

> Locale change is probably about making sure that sscanf uses dot as
> decimal separator for float. Some countries (Finland for instance) use
> comma, and who know what sort of symbol might be in use somewhere in
> Polynesia.
Ah, I thought they were all converted over already.  Yes, we've been
bitten by this little quirk before.  I'll look into that patch again.
For NLS you could update to the main trunk with the knowledge not a lot
will change between now and then, except that archlinux patch.

I'd like to get the 8-bit watch one in too, but that will need some
work. I haven't yet worked out to make a diff between a cherry-pick and
my status.

 - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au