[procps] Re: Something funny about ps in latest commit

  • From: Craig Small <csmall-procps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 09:04:33 +1100

On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 08:22:19AM +1100, Craig Small wrote:
> What is throwing me is that it only happens with make distcheck. Not
> make check or even doing the runtests.  And the problem is consistent; a
> very large lt-pscommand eating all my memory.
OK not sshing but using a normal console and a screen program I am now
seeing the problem with make check.

I put a ulimit -d 200 on that terminal and was able to see what is going
on. It seems like its a loop of signals being raised then aborted then
raised over and over.

catastrophic_failure at global.c 518
__GI_abort() at abort.c
__GI_raise() at raise.c

I got pages and pages of these three lines in a gdb backtrace.
I suspect something is being triggered in the signal handling and
that makes a signal and it goes around and around.

But abort is supposed to unblock SIGABRT signal and kill the process.
I'll look into to closer but that's where the problem is and it is
consistent.

 -Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au