[procps] Re: Something funny about ps in latest commit

  • From: Craig Small <csmall-procps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 08:22:19 +1100

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 01:45:49PM +0100, Sami Kerola wrote:
> I cannot reproduce.
Thanks, I'll try to see what's going on.
What is throwing me is that it only happens with make distcheck. Not
make check or even doing the runtests.  And the problem is consistent; a
very large lt-pscommand eating all my memory.

> v3.3.2-79-g82c6fcc
That's where I'm at too.

One thing about those funny version numbers. How do I get a release that
will say 3.3.3 ?  If I tag it will the other numbers go away?

The monitor thing was the monitor, its dead or at least the video part
is. Even the turn-on 'welcome to your monitor' thing doesn't appear.
I suspect it died when I turned it on to work out why the computer I
compile on was locking up (I usually SSH to it).

 - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux     http://www.debian.org/      csmall at : debian.org