[procps] Re: Incorrect FSF address in the license files

  • From: Jaromir Capik <jcapik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 11:39:39 -0500 (EST)

Hello :]

I'm sorry to tell you that procps-ng did NOT pass
the Fedora review process. It's because of licensing issues
I didn't notice when I was checking the headers.

Here's the list of issues found by the reviewer:
The license of some files is unclear to me, specifically:
 - tload.c (no license, copyright only)
 - uptime.c (no license, no copyright)
 - vmstat.c (no license, copyright only)
 - watch.c (no license, copyright only)
 - w.c (no license, copyright only)
 - ps/stacktrace.c (no license, copyright only)
Additionally, proc/whattime.c is explicitly said to be public domain.

Guys, could you please quickly look inside and tell me
if it is possible to convert these files to one of
the licenses contained in the COPYING / COPYING.LIB
by altering the file header?
If not, then we would have to include separate license
files for these "exceptions" and fix their headers
accordingly.

Please, let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Jaromir.