[phoenixchoralesc] Re: Nov. 21 concert

  • From: Linda Atherton <l.atherton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 09:37:15 -0400

I know it will be difficult, but I'm confident we can get prepared for Nov
21st. We may have to use just a small core group, but we CAN do it.

Linda

On Sep 29, 2015, at 9:08 AM, Fernando Hinojosa <fhinojosa93@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's true - we lost quite a few singers over the summer. We really should
gauge how many members are willing to commit on Nov. 21. I am in favor of
sending an email requesting sign-ups for that concert, along with a physical
sign-up sheet at our next meeting.

Regarding music: Deirdre? What do you think? I don't think I can contribute a
suggestion on this end.. But we should certainly err on the safe side.

Finally: maybe I don't have a good sense for this, but: I think that even if
we can wrangle just nine singers, we will probably sound fine. Wasn't that
similar to our turnout for St. Nicholas @ Scarborough? Anyway, that is
certainly more of a Deirdre question; besides, we can't really do much more
than hypothesize without a rough idea from our sign-up sheet efforts.

Fernando

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 9:02 PM, Margaret L. Merrill <mloringme@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Evening all,

I am in a quandary - we want to do a concert in two months - November 21,
most likely at Skillins in Falmouth. To make a success of it we need members
and commitments and to know what we will be singing - hopefully music we are
familiar with since two months is not a lot of time. Last Thursday a total
of nine singers assembled. We have recently heard from two of our regulars -
Linda Carleton (soprano) and Julie Caniff (alto), that both will be away for
the coming week(s). Elissa is no longer singing with us and I wonder about
the Remage-Healey duo. Should I send an email out to the PC roster about
Nov. 21 and a need to attend and commit to singing for the coming weeks?
What if we do not achieve a doable number of singers? Or should we proceed
with the expectation we will have a good number of singers able and willing
to commit to regular rehearsals?

Thanks for your thoughts and insights to come.
Margaret

Margaret L. Merrill, EdD
Early Childhood Instructor
University of Southern Maine at Lewiston Auburn
USM ETEP/TEAMS Field Supervisor
37 College Avenue
8 Bailey Hall
Gorham, ME 04038