[phoenixchoralesc] Re: Nov. 21 concert

  • From: Leigh Mundhenk <mundhenk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 05:52:37 -0400

Hi Margaret,
I definitely think we need to do this. I am also concerned about whether we
can get music ready in less than 8 weeks. I'm having some serious second
thoughts about whether this is really doable.
I also think it would be a good idea for you to send out an email asking
people if they can commit to regular practice, so we are ready for a
concert in March.
I know there are always going to be occasional weeks where people can't
come, but we need to have some idea about what our regular attendance is,
and how evenly we are distributed across the four parts.
I'm definitely sensing that we have lost quite a few members.
Thanks for doing this, Margaret.
Leigh

Leigh G. Mundhenk, PhD
WorkConcepts
mundhenk@xxxxxxxxx
(207) 772-2550
On Sep 28, 2015 9:02 PM, "Margaret L. Merrill" <mloringme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Evening all,

I am in a quandary - we want to do a concert in two months - November 21,
most likely at Skillins in Falmouth. To make a success of it we need
members and commitments and to know what we will be singing - hopefully
music we are familiar with since two months is not a lot of time. Last
Thursday a total of nine singers assembled. We have recently heard from two
of our regulars - Linda Carleton (soprano) and Julie Caniff (alto), that
both will be away for the coming week(s). Elissa is no longer singing with
us and I wonder about the Remage-Healey duo. Should I send an email out to
the PC roster about Nov. 21 and a need to attend and commit to singing for
the coming weeks? What if we do not achieve a doable number of singers? Or
should we proceed with the expectation we will have a good number of
singers able and willing to commit to regular rehearsals?

Thanks for your thoughts and insights to come.
Margaret

Margaret L. Merrill, EdD
*Early Childhood Instructor*
*University of Southern Maine at Lewiston Auburn *
*USM ETEP/TEAMS Field Supervisor*
37 College Avenue
8 Bailey Hall
Gorham, ME 04038