[phoenixchoralesc] Re: Bylaws discrepancies

  • From: roryphoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 17:02:40 -0400

Hi Deirdre,

Did you ever do this? I think it was a key step in moving the
discussion forward. Did I miss it?

Thanks.

Rory

On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 15:26:25 -0400, Deirdre McClure wrote:

I will incorporate everyone's thoughts into the next version of
the bylaws and will send around. Any points not yet finalized (I.e.,
dues for Non-singing members) will be highlighted as still under
discussion).

Deirdre

On Aug 10, 2015, at 3:15 PM, Leigh Mundhenk wrote:

Wise advice, Margaret!  Also....Since we define non-singing
members in the bylaws, I think we need to consider Russ's input. Leigh
Leigh G. Mundhenk, PhD
WorkConcepts
mundhenk@xxxxxxxxx
(207) 772-2550
On Aug 10, 2015 3:05 PM, "Margaret L. Merrill" wrote:

Greetings Board,
Sorry my voice has not been part of the ongoing email exchange, but I
have been at my camp where there is no Internet. And I will be heading
back there Wednesday for 10 days to be with family.

In our anticipation for and desire to move our 501c3 work along haste
is not our friend. This process takes time, thought, reflection, and
all of the Board’s input. Making snap decisions, adding comments
after our agreed upon deadlines all add up to a sense of confusion,
loss of clarity and focus.

Some key points have been made in the most recent exchanges

* We cannot file for 501(c)(3) status until we are incorporated, and
we cannot incorporate until we have our bylaws finished
* Russ’s friend is next in line and will be the one to contact
since Hank will not be the attorney (Lynn Cole - 899 - 1869) (Russ
please check that phone number, the handwriting is a bit iffy on the
paper you gave me)

* Wondering if this item can be picked up by someone else on the
board since I will be out of communication for the coming week plus

* Wait on reserving our name, Phoenix Chorale Portland
* All business concerned with PCP needs the Board’s input and
stamp of approval or wait on it before anything goes forward

* I also appreciate that at times all members are not email
responsive in a way others might wish (myself for one these past few
days)

Anything else on anyone’s mind?

The energy and enthusiasm we generate as we move the 501c3 process
along and our group into its next phase is truly inspiring.

Margaret