[phoenixchoralesc] Haste!

  • From: "Margaret L. Merrill" <mloringme@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 15:04:39 -0400

Greetings Board,

Sorry my voice has not been part of the ongoing email exchange, but I have been
at my camp where there is no Internet. And I will be heading back there
Wednesday for 10 days to be with family.

In our anticipation for and desire to move our 501c3 work along haste is not
our friend. This process takes time, thought, reflection, and all of the
Board’s input. Making snap decisions, adding comments after our agreed upon
deadlines all add up to a sense of confusion, loss of clarity and focus.

Some key points have been made in the most recent exchanges
We cannot file for 501(c)(3) status until we are incorporated, and we cannot
incorporate until we have our bylaws finished
Russ’s friend is next in line and will be the one to contact since Hank will
not be the attorney (Lynn Cole - 899 - 1869) (Russ please check that phone
number, the handwriting is a bit iffy on the paper you gave me)
Wondering if this item can be picked up by someone else on the board since I
will be out of communication for the coming week plus
Wait on reserving our name, Phoenix Chorale Portland
All business concerned with PCP needs the Board’s input and stamp of approval
or wait on it before anything goes forward
I also appreciate that at times all members are not email responsive in a way
others might wish (myself for one these past few days)

Anything else on anyone’s mind?

The energy and enthusiasm we generate as we move the 501c3 process along and
our group into its next phase is truly inspiring.

Margaret