[phoenixchoralesc] Re: Haste!

  • From: Leigh Mundhenk <mundhenk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Margaret Merrill <mloringme@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 15:15:25 -0400

Wise advice, Margaret! Also....Since we define non-singing members in the
bylaws, I think we need to consider Russ's input. Leigh

Leigh G. Mundhenk, PhD
WorkConcepts
mundhenk@xxxxxxxxx
(207) 772-2550
On Aug 10, 2015 3:05 PM, "Margaret L. Merrill" <mloringme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings Board,

Sorry my voice has not been part of the ongoing email exchange, but I have
been at my camp where there is no Internet. And I will be heading back
there Wednesday for 10 days to be with family.

In our anticipation for and desire to move our 501c3 work along haste is
not our friend. This process takes time, thought, reflection, and all of
the Board’s input. Making snap decisions, adding comments after our agreed
upon deadlines all add up to a sense of confusion, loss of clarity and
focus.

*Some key points have been made in the most recent exchanges*

- *We cannot file for 501(c)(3) status until we are incorporated, and
we cannot incorporate until we have our bylaws finished*
- *Russ’s friend is next in line and will be the one to contact since
Hank will not be the attorney (Lynn Cole - 899 - 1869) (Russ please check
that phone number, the handwriting is a bit iffy on the paper you gave me)*
- *Wondering if this item can be picked up by someone else on the
board since I will be out of communication for the coming week plus*
- *Wait on reserving our name, Phoenix Chorale Portland*
- *All business concerned with PCP needs the Board’s input and stamp
of approval or wait on it before anything goes forward*
- *I also appreciate that at times all members are not email
responsive in a way others might wish (myself for one these past few
days)*

Anything else on anyone’s mind?

The energy and enthusiasm we generate as we move the 501c3 process along
and our group into its next phase is truly inspiring.

Margaret