[phoenixchoralesc] Re: Bylaws

  • From: Leigh Mundhenk <mundhenk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 17:35:27 -0400

Deirdre, I am not questioning the idea of members. I am simply questioning
the idea of non singing members. I don't see why non-singing people would
want to be members who have to pay dues. They might, however, be inclined
to make donations. Anna sand Russ, perhaps you could weigh in on
this. Leigh

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Deirdre McClure <dmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

The bylaws are the heart of the institution, and it is good to question
everything about them.

That said, from what I've read, membership looks pretty standard in groups
like ours. That does not mean we need to replicate something we don't want,
but we would have to come up with a different model.

Deirdre

On Aug 6, 2015, at 1:32 PM, Leigh Mundhenk <mundhenk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As much as I know we need money, I really cannot think of a justifiable
reason why we would even have members who are not singers. I would perhaps
refer to them as friends, and be grateful for any donations they would give
us.

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Margaret L. Merrill <mloringme@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

My thoughts -

Russ brings up some excellent points -

- Define Quorum
- PO box
- Non-discriminatory Policy
- define membership - who they are
- Leigh’s point - why non-singing members would pay dues

Margaret

--
Leigh G. Mundhenk, PhD
Consultant/Coach/Trainer