[phoenixchoralesc] Re: Bylaws

  • From: Deirdre McClure <dmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 15:23:58 -0400

The bylaws are the heart of the institution, and it is good to question
everything about them.

That said, from what I've read, membership looks pretty standard in groups like
ours. That does not mean we need to replicate something we don't want, but we
would have to come up with a different model.

Deirdre

On Aug 6, 2015, at 1:32 PM, Leigh Mundhenk <mundhenk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As much as I know we need money, I really cannot think of a justifiable
reason why we would even have members who are not singers. I would perhaps
refer to them as friends, and be grateful for any donations they would give
us.

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Margaret L. Merrill <mloringme@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
My thoughts -

Russ brings up some excellent points -
Define Quorum
PO box
Non-discriminatory Policy
define membership - who they are
Leigh’s point - why non-singing members would pay dues

Margaret

--
Leigh G. Mundhenk, PhD
Consultant/Coach/Trainer