[phoenix-project] Re: Online Phoenix

  • From: "Sasidharan vk" <vksasidharan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kishore Asok" <kishore.asok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:35:31 +0530

I don't know python or any other programming language.  I am a Physics
teacher.  I have seen Java applets where the user gets an interface with
controls for changing the variables in an experiment.  Variables for
instance, the capacitance of a capacitor or length of a pendulum or the mass
of a falling body or the like.  the result will be processed internally
using some algorithm and presented in a convincing manner.  The mathematical
expressions behind the model or charts or graphs can be displayed.

Here, if an experimental set up is interfaced somewhere with a computer and
the user is "inputting" or clicking a word or button on his computer
say, "*Charge"
*and suddenly a graph appears which does not communicate anything meaningful
to the user.  What difference does it make if the python robot is actually
changing the experimental setup in the remote computer?  What is the role
and relevance of Phoenix in this if the same result can be displayed through
simulation?
vks