[pedevel] Re: Fwd: Feuture request

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:41:44 +0200 CEST

Oliver Tappe <pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > That reminds me, do we have a bug tracker that we actually use?
> > Are we supposed to use the one from BerliOS?
> Yes, I'd say so, unless it proves to be too bad during use...

Okay, should be good enough, if it's the same as the one from SF.

> > Do we have a home page?
> Well, there is one on BerliOS, but it has no content, so "no". Do we
> need
> one? What would be on it? And most important: *Who* will hack it?

I thought about a very simple home page, one that answers questions
like:
- what is it
- who did it
- where can you get it
- what additional add-ons are available
- where do I report bugs
- are there additional docs or tutorials?

Of course, there would also be some screenshots.
www.pe-editor.* seems to be free, if we wanted to have that (I would
prefer .org, obviously).
I could even buy the domain, as I still have 2 free shots left with the
hosting of pinc-software.de :-)

I guess we'd only need some static pages, maybe similar to
http://www.opentracker.be/main.html
- a large Pe icon would be needed, of course!
Anyway, if we can agree that we want something simple like this, I
guess I could do it.

> > End user documentation?
> There is some, but it is very old and thus doesn't reflect the
> current state.
> I suppose we should really update it for the next release. Any
> volunteers,
> please queue up, there is enough for everyone >;o)

Hehe :-)
Maybe we can make smaller tasks out of it, and put it in an issue
tracker for everyone to take when someone finds a few minutes for it.

Bye,
   Axel.