Re: [PCWorks] what if you don't see any ports in device manager

  • From: Hugh Vandervoort <hughv2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 23:52:11 -0500

There probably is another program. Try Ctrl-alt-del and look for a
process labeled rnaap (Or something like that). End that task and try
again. It's also possible there's some other program/process, so you may
have to look through all the processes to find it.
When I want to test a modem I usually try hyper terminal. Just enter any
old number to see if it dials.