Re: [PCWorks] Repairing XP pro

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin-OrpheusComputing.com & ComputersCustomBuilt.com" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:32:45 -0600

Yeah I KNOW it's **supposed** to, but it didn't!  That's
Windows for ya.  I didn't trust it and with good cause, and I'm
glad I didn't.

AFAIK there's only one way to do the repair and that's picking
the "r" for the repair option after booting off the CD, and NOT
choosing the option to install on the existing partition, just
the "r" option.  There's a few other steps in there but I don't
recall them.

Windows has a, uhhh......"mind" of it's own if you want to call
it a "mind".  Temperamental is more like it, or possessed.  I
miss the easy days of '98.  But since M$ extorted or
blackmailed users into using new OS's, (or else use them with
no patches), we have to switch, and soon will have to from XP.
I'm saving every single patch/update I install so when they
trash XP support I'll at least have all updates to that point
and will just use it like that.

I think I'll start a Windows support group solely for
no-longer-supported OS's where users can swap updates, patches
and tweaks, then continue to use them as long as they want.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://www.OrpheusComputing.com