Re: [PCWorks] ODT File

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 05:30:02 -0500

I see that Ben is going to try and open the jpg.  But if that
happens again, make sure it has the correct .jpg or .jpeg
extension.  IrfanView will usually ask you if you want to
rename an incorrect extension, so that may not be the case in
this instance.  Or it could need the plugins to view the odd
format:
http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/plugins/irfanview_plugins_433_setup.exe

In this kind of case (if IrfanView can't do ANYTHING with it),
and if IE can't open it AT ALL (which if it could you could see
the extension), go to Folder Options, scroll down to "Hide
extensions for known file types" and uncheck that, and then you
can see and perhaps rename the extension correctly, if it's
incorrect.

There's a program called FileAlyzer that gives you a right
click item entry that's handy for analyzing odd files, it can
tell you things about it and has several tabs; one of which
being an Image Preview.  I think it MIGHT be part of SpyBot,
not sure about that.
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/filealyzer/index.html
http://download.cnet.com/FileAlyzer/3000-2248_4-77088.html
-Clint