Re: [PCWorks] Fix - Same constant error when installing XP Home on formatted HD, clean install: x:\i386\asms\10\MSFT\windows\GDIplus.man

  • From: David Grossman <dgrossman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 00:28:57 +0200

Since you're sure that the problem was caused by the CD, your option of this
error showing whenever there is a bad CD is likely.

However, I don't want to rule out another option, even though it may be less
likely.

Could M$ have had a run of bad CDs? That could also explain why each CD in
that run would be defective in the same spot. Perhaps the guys in QA were
sleeping on the job one day. Maybe nobody replaced the guys who left for
their Happy Hour.

David Grossman