Re: [PCWorks] Find/Replace in MSWord

  • From: Hugh Vandervoort <hughv2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 01:04:25 -0400

Well, maybe you can, with wildcards.
Word Help:
"Search by using wildcards
Use wildcards to find and replace

For example, use the asterisk (*) wildcard to search for a string of
characters ("s*d" finds "sad" and "started").

On the Edit menu, click Find or Replace.
If you don't see the Use wildcards check box, click More.
Select the Use wildcards check box.
Enter a wildcard character in the Find What box. Do one of the following:
To choose a wildcard character from a list, click Special, click a
wildcard character, and then type any additional text in the Find what
box.
Type a wildcard character directly in the Find what box.
If you want to replace the item, enter what you want to use as a
replacement in the Replace with box.
Click Find Next, Replace, or Replace All"
Try searching for<???>. Be sure to check "Use Wildcards" .
Can't hurt to try and it seems as though it should work.