Re: [PCWorks] After a HD image/clone restore to a new larger HD results in an odd unnamed 'phantom partition', how to get it back to C

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 04:47:19 -0500

That's just it, I didn't know how to do that.  The interface simply
"started working better" the next day, I don't understand why.  I got it
working by dragging the C right vertical line across that empty
unallocated space and stopping at D.  But the main reason why it
wouldn't do anything I asked of it yesterday was because of the rather
hidden "APPLY" button!  It's not only tiny text, but it's blue on blue,
and down at the extreme left to look like part of the nav menu.  Whole
process today took less than 5 seconds, pretty amazing program.

What I find interesting is the benchmarks on the C: partition are higher
now than they were when it was ~48gb, and only 15gb is being used.

Thanks Guys,
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner
www.OrpheusComputing.com/Thanksgiving-sales-specials.html
www.OrpheusComputing.com
www.ComputersCustomBuilt.com
www.OrpheusComputing.com/cheap_reliable_web_hosting.html
www.OrpheusComputing.com/PCworks-computer-help-email-list.html

From: "Vern"

I've used that easeus repartitioning program and it worked well for me.
Resized my partitions without losing any information on those
partitions.

Vern

http://download.cnet.com/EASEUS-Partition-Recovery/3000-2248_4-75279786.html