-=PCTechTalk=- changing root win2k hard drive.

  • From: Chris <spotta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PC Tech Talk <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 19:00:07 +0100

 Hi all,    Just a quick question, well more of a= confirmation really, I'm
currently dual booting 2 Win2ks on my machine, (gave up= on win2k dual
booting with 98) but my music drive, which happens to be my C: drive,=
installed as primary master is too small (only 3.2G - which was= fine for my
98 music drive, but is already nearly full with= win2k, and I've still got
more software to install!) So what I would like to do is just replace this
with a= larger one (I have a spare 8.4 gig drive, borrowed from my spare=
machine) - now when I've moved complete win2k partitions in the= past I've
had nothing but grief, so I was hoping someone could= check what I intend to
do, and point out any problems, I was going to install my 8.4G drive to my
last spare IDE= connector on my Raid, copy the whole partition using Ghost
2002,= remove the 3.2G drive and replace with 8.4G holding the same=
information and hope it boots up. Should this work??? I know it would with
98, but win2k is= quite a different beast, as I've discovered in the past!
Many thanks, -- Chris.= chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  24/07/2002 all mail
checkedby Norton AV ;= )