-=PCTechTalk=- XP Setup

  • From: "ED R" <ebbourg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 16:34:11 -0500

I'm out at my Mom's setting up her computer, which is using WinXP (I'm green
with envy, I've still got WinMe at my house).  My question is, can I just
borrow this disk, take it home and set up XP on my PC?  I'm using OE6 (yuck)
here, which I haven't used in a year, and I've pretty much got everything up
and running.  Are the separate accounts able to be totally customized?  There
will be 4 users all with Administrative abilities.  Can I password my account?
I'm sure I can, I'm just excited about using the premier OS in the world.  It
is kinda' quirky though.  I don't like the start menu at all.  I'll get my
Office XP out here and put it on her PC.  Gee this $1400 PC has been setting
around since Feb. (in the box).  If I could just sneak it out the back door!

ED R