-=PCTechTalk=- Where Does XP Get SetUp Information?

  • From: "Steve Mills" <steve@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 11:38:10 -0500

This has got to sound like the dumbest question ever posed to the group,
but I have literally spent weeks trying to solve what, SHOULD BE, a
simple issue.

I have 2 hard drives in my system, which were in a standard mirror set
up. (oh I run XP) At some point in the past, the RAID was broken and I
booted with 2 visible drives. Now I cannot boot unless both drives are
active. With only one drive I get all the way to the log in screen and
get an error - generally msgina - which is the same on both drives.

When I try to run a repair, with the second drive unhooked, the repair
process looks to the disabled drive for a couple of files, which I have
to ignore and move on. So, I know something is pointing to that drive,
but I'll be darn if I can find it.

There is a registry entry for SystemPartition, but a search of the Kb
etc. never states its purpose.

Can anyone give me ANY guesses. This has really got me stumped.

Thanks.....
Steve