-=PCTechTalk=- Start Problem?

  • From: "cajun12" <cajun12@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 16:03:48 -0500

Thanks, G-Man.  I have been suspecting the MB for the past two days.  =
Since I just transferred my entire system to a brand new case, I'm =
seriously doubting that the switch itself in two cases is the problem.  =
I've also reseated the power switch several times.  My board does not =
have an LED that I've seen.  Today I pressed the Start button on my new =
case 20 times before it came on.  As you state, once the system starts, =
there are no instabilities.  I have pulled and reseated both the 4-pin =
12volt psu connector and the 24 pin connector several times. =20

You're saying that the MB is the only other suspect.  Would a problem =
with the CPU alone cause any of these symptoms? =20

Since it does power on sometimes when the switch is pressed, would I =
have to perform the exercise of touching the bare MB connectors with a =
flat head screwdriver multiple times to see if it comes on each and =
every time?  My power switch pins are right up against the message light =
pins.

Can this particular board issue cause any shortages to any peripherals =
connected to it?  Should I tolerate my aggravation and just wait for it =
to die a final death before replacing, or can it go on like this for =
years?

dj