-=PCTechTalk=- Start Problem?

  • From: "cajun12" <cajun12@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:24:37 -0500

G-Man, hubby is not home from work yet to bring out the ohm tester, but =
I did take the computer into two other rooms and plugged it in to =
several different outlets on different walls today, and nothing changed =
there.  I also connected the psu tester and pressed on the back all =
around the On/Off switch on the psu and it didn't blip at all.  I also =
moved the cable around again, pushed the wires towards the 24 pin plug =
while it was connected, and pushed the wires coming out of the psu =
towards the psu as you suggested.  It didn't blip at all.  AND, it =
didn't matter how many times I toggled the on/off switch today, it still =
took 36 presses on the On/Off switch to come on.

If it IS something in our house circuitry, I wonder what could have =
changed?  We're not in an old house with old wiring.  My computer has =
been running fine as is for over 3 years now. =20

Do you agree with what I was told about putting the ohm tester on the =
power switch itself?  I was told that it should get a reading of 100 and =
will prove continuity on the switch itself.

dj