-=PCTechTalk=- Start Problem?

  • From: "cajun12" <cajun12@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:01:23 -0500

G-Man, we ran some more tests last night.  Hubby put the meter on the =
power switch and it did exactly what you said it would do - it dropped =
then came back up.  He did it 5-6 times with the same results every =
time.  He also scraped the pins on the motherboard, but nothing changed. =
 We moved all the front panel wires to both positions since this case =
came with some pretty useless documentation and only the message wires =
actually mark which side is positive and which side is negative.  When =
the computer had a spurt of coming on with the power switch, it was even =
coming on when the wires were in the wrong position.

There IS one interesting thing to note here.  We put the screwdriver =
across the pins again several times and it started right up every time.  =
Both times that we have done this, the computer would come on the first =
time every time after plugging the switch wire back in.  But after a few =
times, it starts skipping again.  And after being off for hours, I have =
to press the Start button a bunch of times before it comes on.  Hubby =
wants to replace the power supply and see what happens.

dj