-=PCTechTalk=- Re: video accelerator

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:29:58 -0400

There's a video card and a video accelerator. The video card is what's needed
to output the display. A video accelerator basically takes over the job of
producing all the beautiful graphics for your system. Sort of like an assistant
to your video card. Nowadays, the video card has the video accelerator
built-in, so any video card you buy today will have the video accelerator. I
would guess that your son's computer is an old one.
If you can tell us what game he's trying to run, we can probably give you a
recommendation on what video card to buy.

---Troth