-=PCTechTalk=- Re: ukonline email help

  • From: "Sharon" <loonlake11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:14:52 +0200

yes, maybe because we're not paying Ukonline for the service? In the
tutorial Rose kindly sent me when I signed up with ukonline she writes (with
lovely red and yellow highlightings : ) :
"But, DO NOT USE THE SMTP ADDRESS INFO THEY GIVE YOU!
When you set up the new account in OE, use the SMTP info that you use for
your current ISP ..."
Sharon

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, I actually did change my other
lists to ukonline, but this one stayed on Hotmail while I was testing the
others, and finally I figured out how to work with it. I simply move all the
messages on masse into my PCTT folder, make something to eat meanwhile, and
then read from within OE. Solved the problem I had with Hotmails slow
reaction time.