-=PCTechTalk=- Re: - Re: wyatt Re: Glad to be back

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 08:08:06 -0400

Hi Faythe!!
We built a house somewhere about 16 years ago, and our builder took the Cherry
from the lot where the house went. His workmen were amish, and they were
allowed to take whatever they needed to heat their homes. We found out later
that the builder was building Reindeer and Sleighs out of the wood from the
lots in the housing plan we lived in. He had given our one neighbor one. So we
asked him for one. We still use it every year, and it's really a neat thing to
have from when we lived there!
Most people where I have lived have cared about the trees and surounding
natural areas. My home now is on an old dairy farm, and any original trees that
could be saved are still here, and all of my neighbors have planted trees and
flowers and as they are maturing, it is becoming quite lovely. The neighborhood
lost a few trees after our last bad storm, but neighbors have already replaced
them. You might think my neighborhood is one of those 'formal' ones - because
most everyone maintains their grass in their front yards ! But we all have at
least an acre of ground to play around with - or to let natural !!  We do have
covenants here too - pretty much at this point, everyone respects the ones that
are worth respecting - mainly because that is the appeal to where I live.
Pretty much, no aluminum or vinyl siding is allowed, and no above ground pools.
We only have one pool in the neighborhood anyway - and I think if it was done
right, you could blend an above ground pool in without complaints. One house
has vinyl on the upper dormers. Sheds are wood - One interesting covenant was
that your driveway was not allowed to come out of the front facing side of your
house! But we only have 17 homes here - we moved here from one of those
humongous 1/3 acre lot housing plans where we had side door neighbors and back
door neighbors....People still planted their trees! but there was no privacy !!
Cris