-=PCTechTalk=- Re: serial port

  • From: Alex Denissov <denissov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gratchie <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:19:13 +0400

Hello gratchie,

Friday, July 19, 2002, 2:05:26 AM, you wrote:

g> hello! i need to connect my external modem with with either a
g> parallel port or serial port but the problem is that i only have=
g>  one
g> parallel and serial port. both ports are already in use for my
g> printer and mouse respectively. is there any available cable=
g>  (like
g> splitter) for me to be able to divide my serial port or my=
g>  parallel
g> port to have two ports? my motherboard is m598LMR socket 7. i=
g>  checked
g> the manual and it says it only has one serial and one parallel=
g>  port.
g> are there any alternatives for me to be able to connect my=
g>  external
g> modem?

g> thanks
g> gratchie

g> To unsub or change your email settings:
g> //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk

g> To access our Archives:
g> //www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/

Yeah! there is. There is special card which inserts in ISA and gives
you 4 additional ports (2x2)

--
Best regards,
 Alex                            mailto:denissov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx