-=PCTechTalk=- Re: problems with new CD-RW drive

  • From: "Jan" <jazzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:09:42 -0400

Troth,
I rechecked the jumper settings.  I had them on Cable Select, so moved them
to Master.  The only thing on the IDE cable is the CD-RW drive on the end
connector.  The drive will read CD's or play audio CD's but when I attempt
to burn a CD using the NeroExpress program that came with it, it starts out
fine but locks up at 51%.  When I try using the XP burning program instead,
I get an error message: "D:\ is not accessible".
Andy asked if Nero was compatible.  It is XP compatible and I downloaded an
update from the Nero website.  I also downloaded the ForceASPI files and ran
them as Andy suggested.  Still no luck
Either there is a setting that I am missing or the drive is bad.  Is there
somewhere I need to tell the computer that the new drive is writable?  It
should know that from the installation.  It is listed properly in Device
Manager.  This is very confusing.

Thanks for all your help.  Any more suggestions?
Jan