-=PCTechTalk=- Re: laptop screen question

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:27:21 -0400

That's absolutely correct.

Here's somethng else to consider.  A wide-screen monitor only provides an
extra 25% of 'side' room when compared to a 4:3 monitor designed with the
same height.  Since there's more screen added horizontally but none
vertically, it's less additional space overall than if you had moved up to a
larger 4:3 ratio screen (since that would have provided both vertical AND
horizontal expansion).  In addition, since the vertical height remains
unchanged, the resolution will also stay the same.  That translates to more
screen 'real estate' on both sides of the screen instead of a more drastic
resolution change which would make everything appear smaller.  I absolutely
prefer the widescreen for several reasons, but my eyes are extremely
grateful that the size of my icons and such doesn't need to change.  I also
love the ability to 'spread out' more than I ever could with a 4:3.

Peace,
Gman