-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Window update question (Don and G-man)

  • From: "Larry Southerland"<larrysoutherland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:26:23 -0400

It is just that the download button was not there before when I checked... I
swear!  There were some download buttons for the pdf files at the bottom,
but not for the update itself....  I had posted a copy of the link
originally myself, but at that time, there was a download button.  The
reason that I wanted to redownload it was that I had read that they may have
"fixed" some of the SP3 issues in the "new" update that was posted on the M$
site....

BTW:  I agree on Toshiba and Sony.  I have two Toshiba notesbooks and they
work great.  I have a Sony Vaio (handbook sized), but the charging system
stopped working, so it only works when plugged up.

The only complaint that I've had with Toshibas is that the battery life is
generally not as good as some other brands.... It has to do with the number
of cells in the units' batteries (6 vs. 9, if I remember correctly).

I purchased the last model of Toshiba that had Windows XP/Media Edition so
that I would not have to get one with Vista (shudder).  ;-)