-=PCTechTalk=- Re: dvd burner

  • From: dsw32952 <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 00:21:05 -0400

A caveat that should be in a larger font and brighter color with
underlining and bold turned on will tell you that not all DVDs created
in any given DVD burner will work in any given DVD player, even if it is
properly finalized to maximize its compatibility.  They may not even
work in different models (older or newer) of the same brand burner it
was created in.

Sometimes, even the brand name (or generic name) of the disc can make a
difference.

The best guarantee for compatibility is to use a brand name disk
recommended by the burners manufacturer, burn at a slower than fastest
speed, and finalize the disk at the end of the recording.   Even the +
or   -   and R or RW can make a difference.

How do you know which to use?  Trial and error.

Don

Christy wrote:
> I thought that I had burned a DVD that would show on a tv/dvd player and it
> did not work.  It only worked on my computer.  I made it with my new laptop.
> Dont know what I could have done wrong.  when asked, I selected to play on a
> tv (type to burn).
>
> christy
> any clues what happened?  Also I thnk I have lite scribe labeling.  Has
> anyone used this and do I need special dvd's for this ?
> christy
>
> thanks,

> in the Subject.

> pctechtalk-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> To join our separate PCTableTalk off-topic group, send a blank email to:
> pctabletalk+subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
in the Subject.