-=PCTechTalk=- Re: dvd burner

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 00:09:19 -0400

See below.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php

From: "Christy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 10:44 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- dvd burner

>I thought that I had burned a DVD that would show on a tv/dvd player and it
> did not work.  It only worked on my computer.  I made it with my new
> laptop.
> Dont know what I could have done wrong.  when asked, I selected to play on
> tv (type to burn).

Either you are using a type of DVD that is not recognized by your player
(DVD+R vs. DVD-R - check the player's manual for the type it demands) or the
burn was not finalized.  If a burning app is told to allow for more burning
at a later time, the session will be left open instead of finalized.  If
it's not finalized, the settop player will likely not be able to play it.
Finally, no settop player that I know of can understand re-writable DVDs.
So if the disk says DVD+RW or DVD-RW, it'll probably never work.  Again,
check the player's manual to see what type it demands.

> christy
> any clues what happened?  Also I thnk I have lite scribe labeling.  Has
> anyone used this and do I need special dvd's for this ?

Litescribe does require the use of litescribe disks.  The back of the disks
have a special coating that can be 'burned' with an image of your own
design.
It's a cool feature that I wish my own drive had.     :)

> christy
>
> thanks

in the Subject.