-=PCTechTalk=- Re: damaged Java files??

  • From: "David Morris" <dsmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 20:02:04 +0100

Thanks, Faustus, for your prompt reply - good that there is no conflict
Not sure how to find "Java Plugin option in Control Panel", much less to see
if it is checked or unchecked! In Control Panel, I have a folder with the
lamp icon called "Java" and clicking this brings up the "Java Control
Panel". In "General", clicking "About" brings up "Sun Java 2 Platform
Standard Edition", but there is nothing to check or uncheck here. What have
I missed? I imagine that I am using Sun's Java, but could well be wrong

How do I toggle between VM and Sun's Java and is there any simple way of my
finding out which of them is causing the problem in opening some Java links?

One of the websites I have visited recently said that I don't have
Javascript installed. I know that this is different from Java, but don't
know how I could benefit from it. If I need it for surfing and opening
links, how, please, do I get it?