-=PCTechTalk=- Re: boot disk for 98

  • From: "Sharon" <loonlake@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:38:41 +0200

mjh, thanks a lot. Your info is something I need to know for the future,
although it doesn't seem to have done any good with my current problem.

I made the disk, and it looks fine on the computer that works. But the
computer that doesn't work still says "non-system disk", as it does for all
the other start-up disks I tried to make. Then when it boots from the CD, it
comes up with an A prompt. Is it supposed to do that?

Anyway, using fdisk I successfully removed the single primary partition that
Windows Setup apparently couldn't see, but when I tried to remake it, the
computer couldn't finish checking the disk, and made all kinds of clicking
noises. Am I write that my main problem is a bad hard disk or is it possibly
worse than that?