-=PCTechTalk=- Re: XPS 400

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 01:36:02 -0400

Troth,
    A more specific description of the ethernet light.

"orange light - A good connection exists between a 100-Mbps network and the
computer."

    The problem is likely not the driver since that would affect the
system's light control.  That pretty much leaves the network settings within
the system.  Triple check firewall settings and any other security apps.
Have a peek at the HOSTS file to make sure nothing was added that would
cause a terminal loopback.

    If all else fails, consider rebuilding the network settings from scratch
by copying them from a working system.

Peace,
Gman