-=PCTechTalk=- Re: XP Pro Command Console

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 14:00:27 -0700

Hi Don,
yes it does, but I had a problem making the slipstream disk.

I have an XP Pro SP2 full disk also.
But if I use it it wants a new registration KEY and requires
a call to MS to explain.

If I use my Original Full XP Pro CD that MS gave me
it registers without activation problems.

That install with all the software I like on a "to give away" system:
Avira AV free
Open Office free
Avant Browser free
Mailwarebites free
Revo Uninstaller free
Acronis True Image 11  (ATI 11) I bought that one<G>

with all current updates and scans preformed = 5.8gig
I backed it all up with ATI 11 and put it
on a $15 8gig USB stick for future reinstalls.

With my ATI 11 CD I think I can use the USB copy as a slipstream.

I will let you know if I try it and it works correctly.

Mike the mod @ PCTechTalk & vista_ & Win7