-=PCTechTalk=- Re: XP Pro Command Console

  • From: "recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx" <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 22:01:06 -0400

Would this command console be accessible using the nLite install disk
(with SP3 slipstreamed) that installed the XP in question?  If not, I
will try the original install disc and see what happens.  I'm not gonna
waste a lot of time on it though.

Your swiss cheese sure beats my Limburger (ok but stinks to high heaven).

Don

Gman wrote:
> If it's not of the same SP rating, it may not work.  The Command Console is
> accessed by invoking the first Repair option you get after inserting it into
> the optical drive.  The second Repair option performs a repair install of
> the OS, so be careful with these (especially if the SP rating is different).
> lol
>
> Again, the specific commands you'll want to issue are not stored in my swiss
> cheese brain and I don't have them written down anywhere.  In fact, it's
> been years since I've had a need to even think of them.  You'll want to
> search for the commands to repair the MRB and double check the file table
> for problems.
>
> Since you've already chosen to reformat soon, I figure it can't hurt to give
> this a whirl first.
>
> Peace,
> Gman
>
> http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php