-=PCTechTalk=- Re: XP Media locking up only main user

  • From: "GMan" <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 01:25:09 -0400

Terry,
    Malware infections can go either way.  Either they affect the whole
machine or just the user.  In most cases, however, it's just the user (until
a different user triggers an infected file on the same machine).

    I'm hoping you find something with your AV scan, but I'm not counting on
it.  When only one user's log-in acts like this, it's often the result of a
corrupted username.pwd file (where username is the log-in name of the
affected user).  Still, we'll wait for the results of your AV scan before
looking into anything else.

Peace,
GMan