-=PCTechTalk=- Re: WyattRe: Microsoft XP.

  • From: "faythe&al" <rem41mag@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 18:47:59 -0500

well I have the simple things like for 98 , disabling the password request by
double click the control panels network icon & choosing windows logon in the
primary network logon box & in control panel> passwords> under profiles
choosing all users use the same perf & desktop settings. and have gone into
start> run > msconfig> system ini files > scroll down to passswords > remove
check mark from the password box, click edit>apply & okay & then restart... the
password box is always right there after it restarts.
I have tried clicking okay, cancel & even the X in the right corner ( which
just freezes my desktop)
and the next start up the old password box is back ...
sigh ~~~~
Wyatt >>>>The logon thing in 9.x will keep coming back.  There is a registry
hack that
disables it, but it gets overwritten sometimes when you do certain updates.
If you don't need to share files through a network, you can eliminate those
protocols from your network settings and the clients and it won't come back.
I have a 98 machine here that I can look at to refresh my memory, but ME may
be different.  I avoided ME because it looked like fancy 98 to me.