-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows updates

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 00:50:59 -0400

Herb,
    Right click on My Computer and select Properties from the context menu.
Click on the Automatic Updates tab and you'll find the controls for handling
these things without IE's help.  You would still need to use IE only if you
wanted to check out the non-Critical updates available.  All Critical ones
will be piped in through a small yellow shield that apprears in the
Notification Area near the system clock.

Peace,
Gman
http://www.bornagainamerican.org