-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows defender

  • From: "recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx" <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:25:40 -0400

Nope.  Been there.  It lists only software that has been allowed.
Nothing is listed.  It does not allow entry of software to ignore.

Also been to Quarantined items.  Nothing is listed.

Also been to Software Explorer.  There is no way to add or edit software
or classification.

After more study on this:

It appears that WD works with UAC.  UAC requires certain software to
have administrator approval to run.  If that certain software is set to
start in startup it will be blocked.  It then requires the Administrator
to click this, click that and then approve it to get it to run.  Each
and every time you want it to run.  It can not be "approved" for startup
at all.  You must go through the click click routine.  A very good
reason to turn off UAC.

Don

Bob T wrote:
> Don, you should be able to set it to ignore by opening defender, click
> tools, allowed items, and enter the program you want ignored.
> Luck,
> Bob T
in the Subject.