-=PCTechTalk=- Link Scanner in AVG Free

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 16:25:19 -0500

While with my son and DIL this past week-end I downloaded and installed Web
of Trust and showed Pam where the little green circle would appear during a
search.  I noticed a little icon by each of the search results as well as
the circle and it was the AVG Link Scanner.  I thought maybe mine was not
enabled since  I did not remember seeing them on my computer.  I just
checked and that feature is enabled and all the right things are checked but
I do not have those little icons for AVG show up when I do a search--just
the WOT.
The AVG Link Scanner icon does not appear in either IE or Firefox.  I tried
removing the checks in the Link Scanner options and putting them back and
click apply but that did not work either.  Maybe if I did that and then
restart IE and Firefox or restart my computer?
Anyway, Pam now has two guardians for her websites and I just have one!
Any idea why mine is not working the same?
Sandi

in the Subject.