-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Win7 upgraders- Window sizes

  • From: <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 17:44:04 -0400

There may be hope yet for Windows.  :-)

Thanks for the feedback.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: pctechtalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pctechtalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of D. Weaver
Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2009 4:56 PM
To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Win7 upgraders- Window sizes

Inline responseL

Don wilcox wrote:
> I should have done a better job explaining what I was asking about, but
> these "bugs" are so common and well known I though everyone knowledgeable
> enough or brave or reckless enough to run a Win 7 before the official
> release would know what I was talking about.  Let me try again.....
> In every version of Windows since (I think) 95, tool tips were almost
always
> half hidden behind the taskbar when you hover over an icon or minimized
> window button.  M$ knows the problem but has never fixed it as of Vista
> SP1.  Did they fix it in Win 7?

I reenabled tool tips in both Vista and 7.  I then went nuts with tool
tips hoovering and waiting for the dang thing to popup.  No half-hidden
tool-tips occurred.  All fully visible.  And the version of 7 I am using
is the official release version.  It's not a beta, it's not a RTM. It's
not even an OEM.
> Again in all versions of Windows, when you open a window and it is full
> screen and you then restore down to a smaller window and then close it
> before you restore up, the next time you open that window it opens in the
> smaller size.  If you then restore up to full screen and then close the
> window the next time you open the window it will not remember you
maximized
> the window and it will open in the smaller size.  The only way to get
> windows to remember a downsized window has been maximized is to close it
> using File>Exit.  And even then sometimes it still forgets.

The maximized window version thing I haven't had a problem with, but
when I boot 7 again I will double check.  Frankly with 7's clear window
feature, I leave most things maximized.

Dave

in the Subject.