-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Win7 upgraders- Window sizes

  • From: EddieB <fasteddieb216@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 12:35:39 -0400

Hey Dan,

I can't answer your questions about Win 7 and I try to stay away from Vista,
but I do know some about how those things work in WinXP.

The window sizes (most notably in IE) do keep their size if you open one
window (and only one), resize it, then close it.  When you re-open IE it
will be the correct size.

I have a lot of problems with hidden tool tips, balloon tips, and window
sizes (going below the task bar).  I was fairly sure my problem is because I
increase the task bar to 3 rows.  I have not noticed these problems when I
work on a desktop with the standard one row taskbar.  Do you also increase
the size of your taskbar?

Ed