-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Why are these here?

  • From: Don <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 11:34:37 -0400

I did tell EasyBCD to backup the MBR.  I expected it to put the file
(note the singular form of "file") somewhere in its own folders, but I
guess it makes sense that it could/would detect the presence of a second
physical drive and place the files (now I realize it is in fact plural)
there instead.  If I were EasyBCD I would have created a folder to put
them in so unsuspecting reckless mavericks such as myself would know
whats going on.

I think I will go check dates and times on some files and then do a new
backup and see if the dates and times change on those files.  Or maybe I
will simply delete the subject files, tell EasyBCD to restore and see if
it reports it can not find the backup to restore from.

I've had second physical drives before and do not remember ever seeing
the Windows Update type folders located there.  Therefore, this
explanation does not float so well for them.  Did M$ actually get smart
enough to do something intelligent?  There is certainly no other
evidence of it anywhere in Vista that I can find.

Don

Gman wrote:
> Below.
>
> Peace,