-=PCTechTalk=- Re: What is ISP?

  • From: DeaconDeamon@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 10:25:06 +0000

HB.
 I don't know why you cannot do this. If you are coming out of your vonage
router to the line splitter, then a line to each of the phones from the
splitter it should work.
Also this would have nothing to do with your ISP.
 I'm assuming you want the same number in both rooms.
The first thing I would do is check both sides of the splitter AT the splitter.
 Make sure they both work,  Next I would check the phone line.  Maybe even pick
up another one.
Another option would be to pick up a cord less phone that has 2 hand units with
1 base unit and 1 charger.  Used this for a time at my sisters place.
Did you have the phone split at your old place?  I know you can split the line
as I did that when I first got my tivo, while waiting for the router to come in.
Steve

From: HandsomeBlck@xxxxxxx