-=PCTechTalk=- Re: This is nutz

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 11:35:25 -0700

If you give the site permission I do not think Trend Micro or anything else can
stop this.   Nor, do I want ANY program stopping me from being ABLE to download
and ALLOW pop ups or anything else if I WANT them!  That is called censorship!
I know you said that Trend Micro WARNS you, it does not prevent you from doing
it and that is NOT censorship!  It is good advice!  Some folks ignore the
warnings unfortunately.

I HATE that these dang terms of use (TOU) on websites, the things you have to
agree to in order to get something (especially when you PAY for it) bury the
info that you will be infested with them forever.  (Until you find out what is
wrong and then block them.)

I get a notice from windows/Norton on sites that want to pop something else and
ask if I want to do it.  The MOST I will do, IF I am curious AND it is a site I
go to regularly, like my bank or something is to allow it temporarily.  I NEVER
give permission to allow a site to download anything unless I ordered it and I
have read the TOU.  But, no one is impervious to unscrupulous webmasters who
get happy making you miserable!

I also pay attention to the trusted sites and other warnings!

I think Mom taught us to "THINK BEFORE WE SPEAK!"

Today Mom's need to also teach us to "THINK BEFORE WE PUSH!"
 (those buttons on the keyboard!)
Rose